I’m a 20-something rapidly approaching the end of the glorious decade that was my 20’s. To celebrate, I’ve put together a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30, and this blog is an attempt to document those adventures! I have also celebrated life through my 20’s in a gloriously destructive way. Therefore, the other driving force of this blog is documenting my attempt to clean up my health, mindset, and lifestyle.
To say I am a healthy eater would be like saying the Pope’s not Catholic… It’d be pretty cliche. So instead of saying that, let’s just cut to the facts:
- Elevated liver enzymes
- Slightly elevated blood glucose
- Ex-party girl who didn’t give a crap about what she put in her body for the majority of her 20’s.
In an effort to get this all in check, be healthy, and increase energy levels, I have decided to embark on a Whole30 lifestyle. If you don’t know about Whole30 yet, you should. Click these pretty blue words and check it out. In March of 2015 I completed my first Whole30 (well, really a whole27… There was a disneyland trip the last weekend), and successfully crossed off “high cholesterol” from the above list. My success with the program the first time was amazing, though it wasn’t long enough to really accomplish all I needed (see above), especially in regards to a permanent lifestyle overhaul. It changed my life, but I’m not done changing yet!
I’m starting my second Whole30 this week, though again it is actually a Whole25 (yeah yeah yeah, it’s my best friend’s birthday that weekend okay?! I’m pretty sure it will take at least a third Whole30 to get this to stick). I’m documenting this one for a few reasons:
- I want an easy way to post and share recipes: since my first Whole30, 5 coworkers and my dad have decided to try it out!
- I want to annoy my boyfriend by taking pictures of all the food I eat.
- It is a part of my 30 things to do before I’m thirty!